Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
St Oswald’s Church of England Academy:
At St Oswald’s Church of England Academy we believe PE and Sport plays an integral role in and has the potential to change young people’s lives for the better. We recognise that PE plays an important role in the health and well-being of children and the positive impact PE and extra-curricular activities can have on the attitudes, confidence and academic achievement of all our children.
We have been committed to using the Sports Premium funding to improve our provision of Physical Education and sport throughout our school.
Our school team for the Hill House Tag Rugby Tournament 2023
Sports Premium September 2018 to August 2019
Impact of sports Premium 2018-19
- school staff are more confident in the delivery of PE following CPD sessions
- scheme of work is embedded across school which ensures breadth of coverage
- pupils accessing higher quality of PE teaching through buying in of specialist teachers
- more pupils engaged in competitive sports through local competitions, Hayfield 'Primary Schools World Cup' and DSAT games festival
- school achieved Modeshift Stars bronze award
- school achieved bronze 'School Games Award'
*Y5/6 pupils who took part in the 'Road to Wembley' tournament in January 2020
Areas for further development:
- Developing the PE portfolio with further evidence of child participation
- Analysing data across each key stage
- Further sport CPD for those not confident and new teachers in specific areas
- Update policies and procedures
- Attain Healthy Learning, Healthy Lives accreditation
- Attain Modeshift Stars Silver Award
- Attain Silver 'School Games Award'
*Cross Country Tournament 2019 (Doncaster schools)